Sunday Rewind | 11.23.2014
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Sing, Sing, Sing (Psalm 47:6-7) – Hello Love by Chris Tomlin
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong Worship
Forever Reign (Lamentations 5:19) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong Worship
The Wonderful Cross (Galatians 6:14) – The Worship Initiative, Vol. 5 by Shane & Shane
Unending Love (Romans 8:38-39) – God Is Able by Hillsong Worship
Son of God (Psalm 145:3-4) – Beauty in the Broken by Starfield
TEACHING: A Study of Deeper Faith in Colossians, Part 16
Friendships expand the capacity of the soul to experience life.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Colossians 4:7-14 . What do these verses show us about the nature of ministry and the church?
- If you were writing a letter to tell others about how thankful you are for the people in your life, how many people would you include? Who are they? Who might include you in their letter?
- “Friendships expand the capacity of the soul to experience life.” How have you seen or experienced this? What qualities make for a deep friendship?
- When you find people in pain, do you tend to avoid or engage?
- “Any time you forgive or are forgiven, your soul expands.” How have you experienced forgiveness? Is there someone in your life you need to seek forgiveness from? Is there someone you need to extend forgiveness to?
- What specific seasons or moments in your life have expanded the capacity of your soul to love and care for others?
- What does the gospel direct and demand regarding friendships, forgiveness , encouragement and ministering to others?
- Spend some time in prayer about the things you’ve discussed. Ask the Lord to show you one person you can “go after” in encouragement.