MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Glorious (Psalm 111:2-3) – Everything Glorious by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
Rock of Ages (Deuteronomy 32:3-4) – Death of Death by Charlie Hall
Exalted One (Psalm 121:1-2) – For The Honor by Elevation Worship
Your Great Name (Philippians 2:10-11) – Love Revolution by Natalie Grant
TEACHING: Missions Conference 2014 – His Great Name
During our annual Missions Conference, a variety of our global staff speak and share about how the gospel is going forth throughout the nations. Due to the sensitive areas of some of the places they work, we do not publish the audio or video to the web.
The Missions Conference opening night address by Steve Sanford of New Tribes Mission is available here.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Which service did you attend, and who did you hear speak? What stood out to you as they spoke?
- Do you have any personal experience with missions or missionary work? What was that experience like? What did God teach you about yourself and about Himself?
- As he was considering a call to overseas missions, one speaker noted a distinction between asking the question “What is God’s will for my life?” and “What is God’s will?” What is the difference between those two questions?
- What do you think God’s will or purpose is in missions? Where do you find this in Scripture?
- What do you feel your role is in missions? How do you feel you are doing in fulfilling that role?
- Spend some time in prayer, thanking God for His missional provision for us through Jesus. Pray that His great name would continue to be glorified throughout the nations. Pray for those who are laboring faithfully in missions.
- How does the gospel necessitate missions?
- Discuss with your group and consider adopting a missionary to correspond with and pray for on a regular basis.