Sunday Rewind | 11.2.2014
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Our God Is Love (1 John 4:9-10) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Nothing But The Blood (Ephesians 1:7-8) – Facedown by Matt Redman
Lord of All (Psalm 97:5-6) – Louder Than Creation by Kristian Stanfill (North Point)
Lord I Need You (Hebrews 4:16) – All The People Said Amen by Matt Maher
TEACHING: A Study of Deeper Faith in Colossians, Part 14
As the church, we should be known more for the good we do than the evil that we hate.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Colossians 3:22-25 and Matthew 5:11-16, 1 Peter 2:11-17. What do these verses tell you about you? What do they tell you about Jesus? What topics or themes do you note in these verses?
- In what ways do we tend to make government or education a savior? Can you think of other societal values we try to make saviors?
- Are you in a position of authority, servitude or both in your vocation? Do you find your position a difficult one? Why or why not? What would you change about those around you? What needs to change in you?
- How have you seen authority abused? How have you seen it used in godly ways?
- “Good deeds are the platform from which the world watches to see what Christians are like.” Have you seen this to be true?
- Do you think our church is known more for what we are for, or for what we are against? What about the church in general? Why? What change(s) need to occur in this area for the advancement of the kingdom?
- How does the gospel empower and instruct us in fulfilling the vocational roles in which God has placed us?
- How is kingdom living the ultimate apologetic for the Christian faith?
- Spend some time in prayer about the things you’ve discussed.