Sunday Rewind | 10.19.2014
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Your Love Never Fails (Romans 8:38-39) – Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture
Alive In Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing (Psalm 16:11) – Original Arrangement
Your Great Name (Philippians 2:10-11) – Love Revolution by Natalie Grant
Give Me Faith (Psalm 73:25-26) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Endless Light (Psalm 113:3-4) – Cornerstone by Hillsong
TEACHING: A Study of Deeper Faith in Colossians, Part 12
Our vertical relationship with God deeply impacts our horizontal relationships with others, and peace with God gives us the peace of God. The world defines peace through the lens of security; the Christian’s peace comes from confidence in the gospel.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- How do you define “peace”? What brings you peace?
- Read and discuss Colossians 3:12-17. What do these verses tell you about you? What do they tell you about Jesus?
- What “vertical” and “horizontal” elements do you see in these verses?
- What does it mean to “let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts” (v. 15)?
- What is the difference between peace with God and the peace of God?
- How does the world tend to define peace? Is this different from the peace of God? Why or why not?
- How does the gospel bring us peace? How have you experienced this peace during a painful trial?
- What is one way you can intentionally impact someone else’s life this week with the peace you have in God?
- Spend some time praying for the things you’ve discussed. Thank God for the peace we have with and from Him through the gospel of Jesus Christ.