MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Be Lifted High (John 3:30) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Open Up The Heavens (Psalm 108:4-5) – Worth It All by Meredith Andrews
The Lord Our God (James 1:17) – Let The Future Begin by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
God You Lifted Me Out (Psalm 30:1-2) – For The Honor by Elevation Worship
Cornerstone (Psalm 18:2) – Cornerstone by Hillsong
In Your Presence (2 Corinthians 8:9) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
TEACHING: There’s No Time Like the…
Everyone tends to default to living in either the past, the present or the future. Where does God desire us to be?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Everyone tends to default to focusing on the past, present or future. What are the strengths of each? What are the weaknesses?
- Which do you tend to think more about – the past, the present or the future? Why do you think that is?
- Read and discuss John 14:1-17. What do you see about the person and works of Jesus Christ? What might these verses also tell us about man? What jumps out at you personally as you read through these verses?
- What does it mean that God’s Spirit “dwells with you and is in you” (v. 15)?
- What does it mean to be in the presence of God? Can you describe a time when you knew you were in His presence?
- How does the gospel of Jesus Christ frame your past? How does the gospel impact your present? What does the gospel promise for our future?
- Spend some time in prayer about the things you’ve discussed. Thank God for His presence and the new life we have in Him. Pray for His grace over any specific struggles you have focusing too much on the past, present and/or future. Ask for a continual awareness of His presence in your daily life.