MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong
10,000 Reasons (Psalm 103:1) – Unrelenting Love by Nick Thurmond
Mighty To Save (Zephaniah 3:17) – Yahweh by Hillsong Chapel
I Lift My Hands (Psalm 46:10) – And If Our God Is For Us… by Chris Tomlin
TEACHING: Rooted: A Study of Deeper Faith in Colossians, Part 9
The things you love determine the path and trajectory of your life. Affection determines direction.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Colossians 3:1-4. What do you see about the person of Christ? What do you note about the nature of man?
- What is the distinction between being “in Adam” and “in Christ?” What does it mean to be “raised with Christ” (v. 1)?
- What earthly things do you personally tend to “set your mind to” (v. 2)? What draws your affections to them?
- What does it mean to set our minds on things above (v.)? What are those things?
- If you continue your life in the present trajectory of your affections, where do you think you will end up? Where do you need to adjust your affections in order to change your trajectory?
- How does the gospel help us prioritize and shape our affections?
- Spend some time in prayer about the things you’ve discussed. Spend some time thanking God for the life we have in Christ. Ask Him to increase your affections for Jesus.