MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Glorious (Psalm 111:2-3) – Everything Glorious by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
Rock of Ages (Deuteronomy 32:3-4) – The Death of Death by Charlie Hall
Lord I Need You (Hebrews 4:16) – All The People Said Amen by Matt Maher
Christ Is Enough (2 Corinthians 12:9) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong
Mighty To Save (Zephaniah 3:17) – Yahweh by Hillsong
Lord of All (Psalm 97:5-6) – Attention by Kristian Stanfill
TEACHING: Free to Worship
God has set us free to worship Him, but freedom requires sacrifice and a generous heart.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- How did this message change or enhance your understanding of worship?
- What does it mean to be “free to worship”? What Scripture comes to mind that displays this freedom?
- Do you keep a few idols in the “closet” of your heart? What are they? How do these idols or “impostors” hinder your worship of the true God?
- Read Isaiah 45:14-25. Do these verses inspire you to worship? How do they speak to God’s worth, and the worthlessness of idols?
- In 2 Samuel 24:24, David says, “I will not offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God that cost me nothing.” Why does our freedom to worship require sacrifice?
- How can you keep your possessions from possessing you, and thus drawing you away from worship? How can you encourage others to serve God rather than mammon?
- What are some practical ways you can stretch yourself in being generous to God?