MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Our God Is Love (1 John 4:9-10) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
Open Up Our Eyes (Ephesians 1:18-19a) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
10,000 Reasons (Psalm 103:1) – Unrelenting Love by Nick Thurmond
Son of God (Psalm 145:3-4) – Beauty in the Broken by Starfield
Take My Life (2 Corinthians 5:14-15) – Hymns Ancient & Modern by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
TEACHING: Rooted, Part 2
Jesus is not just the Son of God, but He is also God. This truth is a marvelous keystone of the Christian faith, one that will cause either worship or rejection of Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message that was particularly helpful or insightful? What was one thing that was difficult to understand or put into practice?
- What comes to mind when you think of the person of Jesus?
- Read and discuss Colossians 1:15-20. What do you note about the person of Christ and the characteristics of God?
- What are the implications for us as we regard the person of Christ in these verses?
- How would you explain that Jesus is God to someone who did not understand?
- Read and discuss Romans 8:1-4. What do you note about the person of Christ and the characteristics of God in these verses? What do they imply about the nature of man? What are the implications for us as we regard the person of Christ in these verses?
- What is the significance of Christ coming “in the likeness of sinful flesh” (v. 3)? Why is it important that Jesus came in flesh at all?
- What do these verses in Romans tell us about forgiveness? Do you have a hard time accepting forgiveness from others? Do you find it easier or more difficult to extend forgiveness?
- Spend some time praying through the verses in Colossians 1:15-20 and Romans 8:1-4, thanking God for sending Jesus.