Sunday Rewind | 5.11.14
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
God Is With Us (Philippians 4:9) – Louder Than Creation by Michael Olson (North Point)
Open Up Our Eyes (Ephesians 1:18-19a) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Majesty (Isaiah 53:5) – Majesty: The Worship EP by Leeland
Lord I Need You (Hebrews 4:16) – All The People Said Amen by Matt Maher
Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Let The Future Begin by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
TEACHING: Revolutionary Love, Part 4
Love is always on mission, but prejudice interrupts that mission. You cannot love anyone fully if there is any prejudice in your heart toward them for any reason.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message that was particularly helpful or insightful? What was one thing that was difficult to understand or put into practice?
- “Love is always on a mission.” Do you find this to be true? Why or why not? What is the mission of love?
- Read and discuss Jonah 4. What do you observe about the nature of God? What might Jonah tell us about the nature of man? What is the point of this chapter?
- Have you ever been angry with God? What happened? How has it been resolved?
- What comes to mind when you think of the word “prejudice”? How would you define it? What forms of prejudice do you observe in our culture? What forms do you observe in our church?
- Have you ever been on the receiving end of someone else’s prejudice? How did you deal with it?
- Is there a particular people, group or affiliation that you feel a level of prejudice toward?
- How does the gospel of Jesus Christ address prejudice? How does the gospel lead and empower us away from prejudice and toward love?
- What have you learned about love through this series? What practical take-aways have you been able to implement in your walk with Jesus? Spend some time in prayer thanking God for His great love and asking Him to help us put into practice what we know and what we have learned.