MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
God Is Able (Ephesians 3:20-21) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Endless Light (Psalm 113:3-4) – Cornerstone by Hillsong
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing (Psalm 16:11) – Original Arrangement
Mighty To Save (Zephaniah 3:17) – Yahweh by Hillsong Chapel
Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) (Psalm 27:1) – Let The Future Begin by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
TEACHING: Before the Throne, Part 3
What happens when we pray?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If you had to give a one-sentence synopsis of this message, what would you say?
- Read and discuss Acts 10:1-43. What do you see about the nature of man? What do these verses tell you about the nature & person of God? How would you compare & contrast Peter & Cornelius? What do you observe about prayer and how God uses or responds to prayer?
- What is the difference between “descriptive” and “prescriptive” in regards to Scripture?
- In the verses from Acts 10, what can you identify as descriptive and what can you identify as prescriptive?
- Are there dangers in “hearing from God”? How can we know if we are actually hearing from God?
- Have you ever heard from God as a direct answer to a specific prayer? What happened?
- Are you currently waiting to hear from God on something specific? How do you want Him to respond? As best you can discern, what are your motivations in this? Spend some time together in prayer asking God to align your motives to His.