Sunday Rewind | 3.2.14
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Endless Light (Psalm 113:3-4) – Cornerstone by Hillsong
Awesome Is The Lord Most High (Psalm 47:1-2) – See The Morning by Chris Tomlin
The Lord Our God (James 1:17) – Let The Future Begin by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
Unending Love (Romans 8:38-39) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Give Me Faith (Psalm 73:25-26) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
TEACHING: Not What I Expected
Where is God during moments – or seasons – of disappointment? He lovingly uses the disappointments of life to remind us that this is not our home and to push us closer to Christ.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was something from this message that you found particularly helpful, insightful or difficult to grasp?
- “The line between expectation and reality is disappointment.” Have you found this to be true in your life? Why or why not?
- Why do you think God allows disappointment?
- Read Luke 24:13-24. How does the theme of disappointment come out in this passage?
- How does disappointment remind us that this earth is not our home (Philippians 3:20)?
- How can disappointment push us to depend on Christ? Do you have examples of this from your own disappointments?
- How does Romans 8:31-39 provide a context for suffering, difficulty and disappointment in life? Is there a situation or circumstance you are currently dealing with that needs to be viewed through the lens of those verses? Spend some time in prayer about this.