We have people we don’t want to be around. That’s natural. But is it right? Jason Goetz teaches from Mark 5 on how Jesus went out of His way to reach out to untouchables.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to grasp?
- Are there specific individuals or types of people that you consider “untouchable”? Why?
- Read and discuss Mark 5:21-43. What characteristics of Jesus do you observe in these verses? Who are the other characters in this section? What characteristics to you observe about them? What stands out to you in this account?
- What is the Law of Defilement? How did Jesus break this law?
- What was the significance of clean/unclean and why was it a big deal in Jewish culture?
- How does the gospel make the unclean clean?
- How does the gospel both call and enable us to reach out to those we may consider “untouchable”?
- What “untouchable” people has God put in your life? How can you reach out to them this next week? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about these areas.