MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Be Lifted High (John 3:30) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
10,000 Reasons (Psalm 103:1) – Unrelenting Love by Nick Thurmond
Christ Is Enough (2 Corinthians 12:9) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong
Always (Psalm 121:1-2) – Here For You by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
TEACHING: Philippians: A Journey Toward Humble Joy, Part 11
Conflict is a given as we go through life – even amongst those who labor for the gospel.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If you had to give this sermon in one sentence, what would you say?
- How often do you feel the strain of conflict in your life? How do you tend to deal with conflict?
- Read and discuss Philippians 4:1-9. What do you observe about the person of Christ from these verses? What do you see about the nature of man? Are there any commands or precepts to be followed in these verses? What do you observe about the conduct Christ-followers should have?
- What does it mean to “agree in the Lord” (v. 2)?
- What does Paul do in these verses to address a conflict between two people who have labored in the Gospel? Based on how Paul deals with this conflict,, what practical steps can you put into practice to deal with conflicts?
- How does the presence or absence humility play into peacemaking or conflict resolution?
- How does the gospel of Jesus Christ give context to any given conflict? How does the gospel encourage and enable us to seek resolution and peace?
- Is there a situation or circumstance you are currently dealing with where you need to “agree in the Lord” with someone, or encourage others to “agree in the Lord”? Spend some time in prayer for this and give a report to your small group the next time you meet.