Sunday Rewind | 1.19.2014
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Rock of Ages (Deuteronomy 32:3-4) – Death of Death by Charlie Hall
Christ Is Enough (2 Corinthians 12:9) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong
Endless Light (Psalm 113:3-4) – Cornerstone by Hillsong
Alive In Us (Psalm 27:1) – God Is Able by Hillsong
TEACHING: The Ultimate Contradiction
After thousands of years of human innovation, knowledge and advancement, the human heart in its natural state remains unchanged. No matter how much we advance in our knowledge, the abuse of knowledge will always negate its benefits.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What do you hope to discuss as a group from this sermon?
- Read and discuss 1 Peter 3:13-17. What do you observe about the person of Christ from these verses? What do you see about the nature of man?
- What does it mean to be prepared “to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you” (v. 15, ESV). What specific instruction is found in 1 Peter 3 as to how to do this?
- Since knowledge is designed to solve problems, and knowledge is increasing at an exponential rate, problems should be decreasing. Yet, problems are not decreasing – but increasing. In what ways is this “the ultimate contradiction”? Is this observable and repeatable?
- “The abuse of knowledge will always negate its benefits.” Have you observed this to be true? Does scripture support this claim?
- Where do the arguments made in this message stand?
- How does the gospel of Jesus Christ give and sustain hope, despite the abuse of knowledge in any given arena of life?
**Thanks to everyone who submitted feedback on this message! We’ve closed the feedback form, but if you’ve got something to share, drop us a line at email@example.com.