Sunday Rewind | 12.1.2013
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Alive In Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Rock of Ages (Deuteronomy 32:3-4) – Death of Death by Charlie Hall
Closer (Psalm 89:14-15) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong
Unending Love (Romans 8:38-39) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Glorious (Psalm 111:2-3) – Glorious by Paul Baloche
TEACHING: Philippians: A Journey Toward Humble Joy, Part 6
Evil is far more than outward behavior – it comes from within. The only remedy is the truth of gospel of Jesus Christ.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If you were to give a one-sentence synopsis of this message, what would it be?
- What comes to mind when you think of the words “evil” and “depravity”?
- Read and discuss Philippians 2:12-18. What does this tell you about the person and nature of God? What do you see about the nature of man?
- Read and discuss Mark 7:14-23 and consider the statement, “The basic makeup of the human heart is capable of committing any sin at any time given the right circumstance.” How do you react to this?
- How does the gospel remedy the “evils [that] come from inside” (Mark 7:23)?
- What does it mean to “work out your salvation with fear and trembling” (Phil. 2:12)?
- Is there an area of your life you feel God is calling you to “be poured out like a drink offering” (Phil. 2:17)?
- Pastor Mike uses the analogy of a “humanist wall” and a “gospel wall” – which wall is your ladder leaning against?