MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
As It Is In Heaven (Psalm 96:1-3) – Overflow by Matt Maher
Blessed Be Your Name (Job 1:21) – Blessed Be Your Name by Matt Redman
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
How Deep The Father’s Love For Us (Galatians 6:14) – Original Arrangement
In Christ Alone (Galatians 2:20) – Let The Future Begin by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
Ever feel like God is holding back from you something you deserve? Fact is, God is not fair – but He is generous. We cannot enjoy what we feel entitled to.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing from this teaching that you found particularly interesting, helpful, insightful, or difficult to grasp?
- Where or how do you see a sense of entitlement in our culture and society? What is something you feel entitled to?
- Read and discuss Matthew 19:16 – 20:16. What does this tell you about the person and nature of God? What do you see about the nature of man?
- “God is not fair.” What is your response to that statement? Are there areas in your life where you feel God is not being fair? Are there ways you are glad God is not fair?
- Where in your life is your eye tempted to be envious because God has been generous to someone else?
- How does the gospel address and remedy our sense of entitlement?
- Where can you identify the generosity of God in your life? Spend some time in prayer thanking God for His is gracious generosity toward us.