MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Our God Is Love (1 Iohn 4:9-10) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
Rock of Ages (Deuteronomy 32:3-4) – Death of Death by Charlie Hall
Beautiful Lord (Ephesians 2:4-5) – Sound of Melodies by Leeland
Always (Psalm 121:1-2) – Let The Future Begin by Krsitian Stanfill (Passion)
Lord of All (Psalm 97:5-6) – Attention by Kristian Stanfill
TEACHING: Philippians: A Journey Toward Humble Joy, Part 1
Joy is an inner spiritual confidence that God will see us through our earthly pilgrimage. In this message, Pastor Mike begins a series that will walk through the book of Philippians on a journey toward humble joy.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If you had to give an abbreviated version of this sermon, what one or two points would you make sure to include?
- What comes to mind when you think of the word “joy”? How is joy distinct from fun? What makes you joyful?
- Read and discuss Philippians 1:1-8. What themes do you see in these verses?
- What does Paul mean by “partnership” or “fellowship” in the gospel (v. 5)?
- As a part of a local church, how are you partnering in the gospel?
- What is fellowship? Why is fellowship important?
- What are some general ways you can fellowship with others? Can you think of a specific person you could reach out to in fellowship? Reach out to them this week and bring a report of what happened to your group next week.