MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Be Lifted High (John 3:30) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Forever Reign (Lamentations 5:19) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
Jesus Paid It All (Colossians 2:13-14) – North Point Live by Krsitian Stanfill (North Point)
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong
TEACHING: The Missing Peace, Part 3
To wrap up our series on peace and peacemaking, Erik Palmer moderates a session with Jason VanDorsten and Jason Goetz to answer some of the questions that were submitted over the course of the series, including the topics of persecution, being salt & light, making peace with non-Christians, and more.
HAVE A STORY TO SHARE ABOUT PEACE OR PEACEMAKING?
We would also love to hear from you if you have a story of peace or peacemaking as a result of this series or just through something God has done in your life regarding peace. You can email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to share your stories in future blog posts, rejoice with you and encourage others by what God is doing in this area in our church body.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Has this series been helpful to you in regards to the subject of peace or peacemaking? Why or why not?
- Read and discuss Matthew 5:1-16. What is your reaction to the introduction of persecution into the Beatitudes text? Why should peacemakers expect to be persecuted? Why would Jesus say “blessed are those who are persecuted”?
- Do you feel you have ever been persecuted as a direct result of following Christ?
- What is your response to Jesus’ admonition to “rejoice and be glad” in the midst of persecution (v. 12)? Why can Jesus make such a bold command?
- Have you ever made peace with a non-Christian? What happened? What was the process like?
- Do you tend to think of the Gospel mainly as a presentation or as a way of life? How can you grow in that area?
- What does it mean to “live out the Gospel” before others? How do you feel you’re doing with that?
- Do you know someone who is having a difficult time finding peace in the midst of a difficult season or situation? What could you do to encourage them? Take some time to pray for them in your group, then make some time this week to reach out and encourage them.