MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) (Psalm 27:1) – Let The Future Begin by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
Our God Is Love (1 John 4:9-10) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
Hosanna (Mark 11:9-10) – Saviour King by Hillsong
In Christ Alone (Philippians 3:7-8a) – Let The Future Begin by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
TEACHING: The Missing Peace, Part 1
Peace is something we all want, but something that often seems impossible to get, much less keep. We tend to settle for circumstantial peace instead of true shalom – God’s design for how things were meant to be. This series will look at how we get peace, make peace and bring peace as we follow Jesus.
HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT PEACE?
We would love to have an interactive/collaborative component to our Missing Peace series. If you have any questions regarding the topic of peace or peacemaking, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will address some of your questions in the final part of the teaching series. The deadline for question submission is noon on Wednesday, October 2.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing from this message you hope to discuss as a group?
- What do you think of when you think of “peace”?
- How does our culture tend to define peace? Is that different from “shalom”?
- Read and discuss John 20:19-29. What does this indicate about the nature of man? What do you observe about the person of Christ?
- What do you imagine this situation was like for Jesus’ disciples? What do you observe about the disciples’ reaction to Jesus’ return? Why do you suppose Jesus repeated the phrase “Peace be with you”?
- What is an area of your life where you have experienced true, deep peace?
- How does the gospel address the root problem of broken shalom?
- Is there an area of your life where you are struggling to experience peace? What would “shalom” look like in that area? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about this.