Sunday Rewind | 6.2.2013
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Hosanna (Mark 11:9-10) – All of the Above by Hillsong United
Mighty To Save (Zephaniah 3:17) – Yahweh by Hillsong Chapel
How Deep The Father’s Love For Us (Galatians 6:14) – Original Arrangement
Always (Psalm 121:1-2) – Here For You by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
TEACHING: The Prodigal Son, Part 2
Like the younger son in Jesus’ parable of the prodigal, we tend to run from our Father and escape to “far countries.” But like the prodigal’s father, our Father relentlessly pursues us with His great love.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO/VIDEO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is something from this teaching that you found particularly insightful, helpful or difficult to grasp?
- Read and discuss Jesus’ parable of the prodigal son in Luke 15. Do you feel God has given you additional insights or application since discussing it last week?
- What is the significance of the younger son’s demand for his inheritance? What would be a modern parallel?
- What is the significance of the “far” or “distant” country in verse 13?
- How does the gospel appeal to us to return to the Father from our “far countries”?
- Was there ever a time in your life where you “came to your senses” (v.17) and returned to the Father?
- Is there currently an area of your life where you are running to a “far country” from God? What would it look like to apply the parable of the prodigal to that situation or relationship? Spend some time in prayer about this.