MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Awesome is the Lord Most High (Psalm 47:1-2) – See The Morning by Chris Tomlin
In Christ Alone (Galatians 2:20) – Original Arrangement
Give Me Faith (Psalm 73:25-26) – For the Honor by Elevation Worship
Glorious (Psalm 111:2-3) – Glorious by Paul Baloche
Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) – Burning Lights by Chris Tomlin
TEACHING: The Forgotten War, Part 5
PART 5: WISDOM AT WAR – In James chapter 3, we find there are two types of wisdom – worldly and heavenly. Worldly wisdom works on the false premise that man can solve his own problems independent from God. But when the problem tries to solve the problem – that’s a problem.
QUESTIONS FOR PERSONAL EVALUATION FROM PASTOR MIKE
- Does the wake of your life tend to leave a trail of conflict? Are you the common denominator?
- If you are married, is there a pattern of unnecessary conflict between you and your spouse? Why?
- What would it look like for you to repent of those areas of conflict and move toward humility?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing from this message you hope to discuss as a group?
- How would you define wisdom? Who is someone you consider to be wise, and why?
- Read and discuss James 3:13 – 4:10. What do these verses tell you the nature of man? What do they tell us about God?
- What are the two types of wisdom in the verses above? What are the characteristics of each? Why is it important that we be able to distinguish between the two?
- Why do we tend to believe we can solve our own problems apart from God? How do you see this play out in culture and society? How do you see it play out in your own life?
- What is the relationship between true wisdom and humility? How does true wisdom lead to humility?
- How does the gospel allow us to consider others as better than ourselves (Philippians 2:3)?
- How can we grow in humility? How can we grow in heavenly wisdom?
- Can you discern an area of your life where God is leading you humble yourself before Him (James 4:10)? Spend some time in prayer with your small group about this.