MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
O Come All Ye Faithful (Luke 2:14-15) – Original Arrangement
Awesome is the Lord Most High (Psalm 47:1-2) – See the Morning by Chris Tomlin
In Christ Alone (Philippians 3:7-8) – Original Arrangement
Hosanna (Mark 11:9-10) – All of the Above by Hillsong
Your Love O Lord (Psalm 36:7) – Original Arrangement
TEACHING: Taking God Seriously – Part 4
How often do we allow our personal prejudices and biases dictate how we view – and treat – other people? As Pastor Mike teaches through the final chapter of Jonah, we see that to take God seriously, we must take people seriously – even when they are different than we are.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- As you reflect on this sermon, what is one principle or insight that stands out as as being particularly helpful, insightful or difficult to grasp?
- Read and discuss Jonah 4. What do you learn about the nature of God? What do you observe about the nature of man?
- What is the significance of the plant in these verses?
- Where is Jonah’s prejudice or bias evident in these verses?
- “Christians have become really good at being good.” Do you agree or disagree? Why? What are the implications of this statement?
- Why is the human heart pulled to bigotry? How do you see this played out in the world? How do you see it played out in the church?
- How does the Gospel of Christ deal with our bent toward bias, prejudice and bigotry?