Sunday Rewind | 11.19.2012
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Our King Has Come (Romans 5:1-2) – For The Honor by Elevation Worship
How Great Thou Art (Psalm 145:3) – Original Arrangement
Always (Psalm 121:1-2) – Here For You by Kristian Stanfill (Passion)
Unending Love (Romans 8:38-39) – God Is Able by Hillsong
I Stand Amazed (2 Corinthians 8:9) – North Point Live by Candi Shelton (North Point)
TEACHING: Taking God Seriously – Part 1
The story of Jonah is about a man who knows God and has sound theology, but does not take Him seriously. In this way, the story of Jonah is really the story of our lives. We are more fearful of those who might find out about the hidden aspects of our lives rather than the One who already knows. All sin can be traced back to not taking God seriously.
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO & VIDEO OF THIS MESSAGE
- As you reflect on this sermon, what insight, idea or statement really stuck with you? Why?
- Has there ever been a time in your life when you felt like you were running from God? What happened?
- Read and discuss Jonah 1. What does this chapter tell you about the nature of man? What does it tell you about God?
- How are “the big three” attributes of God revealed in this chapter – omniscience (God knows all things), omnipotence (God has all power over all things), omnipresence (God is everywhere)?
- What are some ways you see yourself reflected in Jonah?
- Is there currently an area of your life where you are not taking God seriously? Spend some time in prayer with your small group for these areas.