Sunday Rewind | 10.21.2012
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Sing, Sing, Sing (Psalm 47:6-7) – Hello Love by Chris Tomlin
Alive In Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God Is Able by Hillsong
By Faith (Psalm 145:13) – Awaken the Dawn by Keith & Kristyn Getty
Beautiful Lord (Ephesians 2:4-5) – Sound of Melodies by Leeland
God Is Able (Ephesians 3:20-21) – God Is Able by Hillsong
TEACHING: The Next Generation Church – Reaches Globally
As an extension of knowing Christ, making Him known, and loving locally, the next generation church must also reach globally, beyond their immediate borders. Pastor Mike looks at the unlikely parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10) as a basis for global missions and the advancement of the gospel throughout the nations.
CLICK HERE FOR THE AUDIO AND VIDEO
- What is one thing from this sermon that you hope to talk about as a small group?
- What experience have you had with “reaching globally” (mission trips, etc.)?
- Read and discuss Luke 10:25-37. What do these verses tell you about the nature of man? What do you learn about Jesus? What do these verses tell us about the gospel?
- What does the parable of the Good Samaritan show us about reaching globally?
- In the parable, the thieves wanted something for nothing. The religious people wanted nothing for nothing. The innkeeper wanted something for doing something. The Samaritan was willing to get nothing for doing something. Who do you most identify with? Why?
- How is Jesus the perfect “Good Samaritan”?
- Is there anything that keeps you from “reaching globally” with the gospel of Jesus Christ? What adjustments could you make in your life in order to engage globally for the sake of the gospel? Spend some time in prayer for these as a small group.