As a way of bringing weekend worship services into your week, we’re introducing Sunday Rewind. These short blog posts will include the worship selections with scripture references and artist/album information from the past Sunday. In addition, we’ll include links to the teaching audio/video as well some questions from the sermon geared toward small group discussion or personal reflection.
Glorious (Psalm 111:2-3) – Everything Glorious by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
Majesty (Isaiah 53:5-6) – Majesty: The Worship EP by Leeland
With Us (Psalm 46:10-11a) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Unending Love (Romans 8:38-39) – God Is Able by Hillsong
How Great Is Your Faithfulness (Lamentations 3:22-23) – We Shall Not Be Shaken by Matt Redman
TEACHING: The World System: It’s Where You Live, Part 5
The world system is designed to lure believers into loving the world in such a way that they have no impact on the world. Jesus says we are to be in this world, but not of it. How do we being “in the world” reach those who are “of the world” without compromise? We must be tactfully inviting, intellectually stimulating and lovingly warning.
- “The world system is designed to lure believers into loving the world in such a way that they have no impact on the world.” How have you seen and/or experienced this at work?
- Read and discuss John 17. What does this tell you about the nature of man? What does it tell us about God? What does it tell us about the world? What does it tell us about Jesus Christ?
- Why does Jesus pray that we not be taken out of the world?
- What temptations to compromise do we face when reaching out those who are “of the world”?
- In the context of your daily circles of influence, how can you be tactfully inviting, intellectually stimulating, and lovingly warning? Spend some time praying for those whom you could reach in these ways with the Gospel.