As a way of bringing weekend worship services into your week, we’re introducing Sunday Rewind. These short blog posts will include the worship selections with scripture references and artist/album information from the past Sunday. In addition, we’ll include links to the teaching audio/video as well some questions from the sermon geared toward small group discussion or personal reflection.
Exalted One (Psalm 121:1-2) – For The Honor by Elevation Worship
Alive In Us (Ephesians 2:4-5) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Our God Is Love (1 John 4:9-10) – A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong
Unending Love (Romans 8:38-39) – God Is Able by Hillsong
Give Me Faith (Psalm 73:25-26) – For The Honor by Elevation Worship
Take My Life (2 Corinthians 5:14-15) – Hymns Ancient & Modern by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
From man’s perspective, religion is designed to answer the great questions of life – but can it, really? In part four of our World System series, Pastor Mike explores the relationship between religion, reason and revelation in the world system – where they intersect, and where they part ways.
- How would you define “religion”? By that definition, is Christianity a religion? What distinguishes the Christian faith from other religions and philosophies?
- Read Genesis 4:1-1-16. What does this tell you about the nature of man? What does it tell us about God?
- Where are there indications of religion in these verses?
- Is spirituality “reasonable”? Why or why not?
- Is religion “reasonable”? Why or why not?
- Is Christianity “reasonable”? Why or why not? Where do faith and reason intersect? Where do they part ways?
- What are the distinctions between divine inspiration and revelation?