Work is a key part of God’s agenda for His kingdom in the hearts of people. In redemption, Jesus redeems both the worker and his attitude toward work. How we work not only matters now, but it impacts eternity.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing in this message that you found particularly encouraging, beneficial, or challenging?
- What is your work history? What job has been most difficult for you? What work experience has been the most enjoyable?
- Read and discuss Matthew 25:14-30. What is Jesus telling us about work in this parable? What lessons are here for us?
- Discuss this statement: Expectation increases motivation. How do you see this played out in the parable of the talents? How have you experienced this principle in your life?
- What is a “talent”? What talents have you received? How have you put those to use for God’s kingdom?
- How do we know that God is pleased with work? How do we see this in Jesus’ life?
- Do you feel you live a life where faith and work are disconnected? What does this look like in your life?
- Why is it important to have a biblical view of work? Would you say you tend more toward worshiping work, or work as worship? In what ways does your mindset and heart about your work need to change?