Who we are as people is more important to God than how much we have. We are called to trust in Him more than our riches and to honor Him with our generosity.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What did you find to be most impactful in this week’s message?
- What did you learn about managing possessions and life priorities when you were growing up? What was taught and what was modeled for you in your family of origin?
- If you could use a few descriptive words to describe your relationship with possessions, what would you say? (i.e. relaxed, uptight, hold loosely, careful, preoccupied…)
- Review the 5 points from this message. Which of them do you handle better than others? Which are a struggle for you?
- Trust in God not in Riches
- Character is More Important than Possessions
- Careful Accumulation and Investing Matter
- Greed Brings Ruin
- God Honors Generosity
- Which Scriptures in this message were most significant to you? Explain.
- What is an action step you can take this week in effectively improving your relationship with possessions?