Character is essential for believers in Christ. In every life situation, we need to stop and ask ourselves, “What is the right thing that character requires of me?”
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What did you find to be most encouraging in this message?
- Review the main points of the message. Which do you find most poignant and why?
- Character is Essential to the Follower of Christ (“To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.” – Proverbs 21:3 ESV)
- God opposes those without Character (“Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are His delight.” – Proverbs 12:22 ESV)
- Each Path has its consequences (“Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.” – Proverbs 10:9 ESV)
- Let Character be Your Guide (“The integrity of the upright guides them, but the crookedness of the treacherous destroys them.” – Proverbs 11:3 ESV)
- Name one character in the Bible who has good character and one who does not. Explain.
- Describe someone you know who exhibits godly character in his or her life.
- Discuss the three points of application and which was most powerful to you.
- Let your yes be yes and your no be no.
- Keep your promise even when it hurts.
- Never compromise your character for material gain.
- In what ways have you seen a “crisis of character” in the world? How does the world seek to undermine or challenge biblical character?
- Is there a time when you were tempted to compromise your integrity? How did you navigate that?
- What are the most difficult areas of life for you to maintain integrity? Pray the God would help you to grow in those areas.