Wisdom for Living, Part 8: Accepting Correction
Failing to accept correction is stupid and leads us to go astray, which will result in long-term consequences. Accepting correction results in wisdom.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you most in this week’s sermon?
- Discuss what makes it difficult for you to accept correction from others?
- When you consider the Messenger and the Quality of the Messaging, how much do these play a role in your ability to receive the message?
- When you consider your own life, do you feel that you are becoming more open to the loving correction of others or less so? Explain.
- The NIV translation finds 19 occurrences of the phrase “stiff-necked.” Search for a few of them and discuss what is happening in those passages and the implications for us today.
- Discuss a time when you received a corrective word and were better off because of it.
- Is there an area of your life about which you might seek input for possible course correction? Explain.