What would it look like if we would all dialogue in humility, listening to other people and considering them more highly than ourselves? Unity is the fruit of corporate humility.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- In what ways has the art of dialogue been lost in our society? In what ways do people tend to “use the same words but speak a different language”?
- Read and discuss Philippians 2:1-18. What do these verses tell us about Jesus? What stands out to you in these verses about following Him?
- Read and discuss Acts 17:16-34. How does Paul employ dialogue to address distance and division between himself and others? What can we learn from Paul’s example here about engaging others who believe differently than we do?
- In what ways is the church “the division champs”? How have you seen or experienced this? How does this affect the church’s witness to the world?
- In what ways can generational gaps, language barriers, and the “highway of the Internet” divide Christians? How can we avoid unnecessary division in these areas?
- In what ways does the gospel of Jesus lead us to biblical humility? Why is humility key in addressing division and drawing people to unity?