Do you live like you are a child of the King? Are you ready to ask Jesus to be the King of your life?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPSDownload the “Walking with Jesus” Easter Week Map
- What was one thing in this message that you found particularly encouraging, beneficial, or challenging?
- What Easter or Easter Week traditions did you observe in your family growing up? How has that shaped your consideration of Easter now?
- Read and discuss Isaiah 53:7, 9:4-7. How does this set the context for Holy Week?
- Read and discuss Luke 19:29-38. What significant occurrences stand out to you as you read through this text?
- Consider the following texts in light of the “Triumphal Entry” text in Luke 19:29-38 and discuss your observations: Zechariah 9:9, Matthew 21:4, Luke 19:35-36, Luke 19:39-40, Matthew 16:21-23, John 18:33-37 19:7-11.
- What evidence is there that Jesus was claiming to be the Messiah? What evidence is there that that people understood exactly what he claimed? Why is this important?
- How does your life reflect the reality of Jesus forgiveness? Do you live like a child of the king?