The Greatest Story Ever Told
April 4, 2021 Mike MinterSermonsLuke
Step into the story of the disciples walking along the Road to Emmaus with the risen Jesus and ask yourself, do you really know Him? Are you walking with Him? Are you slow of heart to believe all that the prophets and writings said about the coming Messiah? Do you live in the hope that He is coming again?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing in this message that you found particularly encouraging, beneficial, or challenging?
- How do you tend to experience the tension between knowing Jesus and knowing about Jesus?
- Read and discuss Luke 24:13-49. What stands out to you as you consider this passage? What is revealed about the heart of Jesus? What do you observe about the heart of man?
- In what ways have your personal expectations about Jesus not matched the revealed reality of Jesus?
- What are some Old Testament passages you know that foreshadow, prophesy or allude to Jesus? Why are these Old Testament passages important to consider as we read the New Testament?
- Have you ever had “heart burn” when reading the Scriptures?
- How would you describe your walk with Jesus?
- Have there been seasons where you have been “slow of heart to believe” (v. 25) or struggled with doubt (v. 38)? Where do you need to set aside preconceived notions and believe the testimony of the Scriptures as you follow Jesus?
- Do you find it a struggle to live in light of the knowledge and assurance of Jesus’ return? Why or why not?