The Bond of Peace: Seeking Unity Amidst Confusion
These are confusing and troubled days, as though we are all wandering around in a dark cave. In seeking the light, Christians should pursue grace, humility, dialogue, and identity with Christ.
Click here to watch the sermon with ASL interpretation.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 4:1-6. What does this tell us about us? What does it reveal to us about God? How do these verses inform and shape our perspective on the current issues of race and injustice?
- What does it mean to be a “prisoner for the Lord” (Eph 4:1, NIV)? How does this form and inform our core identity? How ought this bring an amount of clarity to the life of a believer?
- How is humility often misunderstood? What does it mean to be humble? What examples come to mind when you think of someone who is biblically humble?
- In what ways do you need to bear with others in love (Eph. 4:2)? What would this look like in your life, and with whom would this love be borne out?
- What does it mean to “make every effort” to maintain unity (Eph. 4:3, NIV)? What are the implications about unity and peace in this verse?
- How has social media hurt our ability to dialogue? What considerations or adjustments do you need to make in your social media habits? How do you need to be careful “before you hit ‘Send’”?
- How does the gospel of Jesus address the issues we are facing today? As you consider these issues, what areas of your life — thoughts, affections, actions — need to be more closely aligned with this glorious gospel? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed, for your heart toward others, and for our hurting nation.