Christians must always remember that Jesus is coming again and will reign over all things, yet no one knows the day or hour. So we must assess the times, be prepared, and live with a sense of urgency.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in this message (and this series)?
- In the daily rhythm of life, how thoughtful do you think you are about the return of Christ? Explain.
- How well do you assess the times in which we live? Explain.
- Discuss what it means to be prepared for the return of Christ. What does that mean for you as we round the corner into a new year?
- What do you feel you are called to be doing as we wait for his return?
- Do you have reasonable goals for your life as you look to a new year? Discuss with the group.
- Spend some time in prayer regarding the new year, assessing the times, being prepared and living with a sense of urgency.