If you have put your trust in Christ, there is nothing further that you can do to gain God’s forgiveness. God has done it all in Christ. As His child, you are totally forgiven.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Why do you think it is important to know that God really loves you? What are the consequences if you are unsure about that?
- In what ways is God’s love different than the love you have for others? How should your love for others be similar to God’s love for you? What difference would that make in your relationships?
- List as many characteristics of God’s love as you can. What is the significance of each? Where have you seen God’s love evident in your spiritual experience?
- Why is forgiveness so significant in our lives? How does God’s forgiveness address the human need?
- Have you ever struggled to know or believe that God forgives you? What were you feeling at that time? How does assurance of God’s forgiveness address those feelings?
- What is the relationship of God forgiving you and you being willing to forgive others?