Set Your Foundation, Part 1: Base Your Security in Christ
If you have trusted in Christ, and Christ alone, for your salvation, God has saved you for eternity. He is the one responsible for bringing you into a relationship with Himself, and He is the one who guarantees it forever.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in this message about security in Christ?
- Have you struggled in your own spiritual journey with an assurance of salvation? In what ways do the Scriptures in this message address your concerns?
- Why do you think many Christians question their salvation? How do the Scriptures address their questions?
- How would you encourage another brother or sister in Christ who remains concerned about their security in Christ?
- What should be indicators in a Christian’s life that they have been truly converted?
- What are some of the evidences that one is living in disobedience to the Lord?
- What are ways that God disciplines one of his children who through disobedience is not walking in fellowship with Him?
- How do you balance your “feelings of assurance” with the teaching in God’s Word related to security in Christ?