If you have trusted in Christ, and Christ alone, for your salvation, God has saved you for eternity. He is the one responsible for bringing you into a relationship with Himself, and He is the one who guarantees it forever.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you in this message about security in Christ?
- Have you struggled in your own spiritual journey with an assurance of salvation? In what ways do the Scriptures in this message address your concerns?
- Why do you think many Christians question their salvation? How do the Scriptures address their questions?
- How would you encourage another brother or sister in Christ who remains concerned about their security in Christ?
- What should be indicators in a Christian’s life that they have been truly converted?
- What are some of the evidences that one is living in disobedience to the Lord?
- What are ways that God disciplines one of his children who through disobedience is not walking in fellowship with Him?
- How do you balance your “feelings of assurance” with the teaching in God’s Word related to security in Christ?