Ready for Battle: The Armor of God, Part 3 – The Shoes and the Shield
The Gospel of peace helps the believer in Jesus to stand firm and to move about with precision in the spiritual battle. Faith is only as reliable as the trustworthiness of the object of your faith. The object of our faith is the Lord Jesus Himself.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SMALL GROUPS
- What was one thing you found challenging, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this message?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 6:10-20, particularly emphasizing verses 15-16. What is the significance of having our feet fitted with readiness? Why is it important to be “ready in the moment” in regards to spiritual warfare?
- What provides spiritual sure-footedness in spiritual battles?
- Read and discuss Romans 5:1-2, 1:5, 8:1, and 8:28-39. What do these verses tell us about our positional peace with God? How can we have peace with God? How does this fit with Ephesians 6:15?
- How should an internal positional peace with God manifest itself in an external disposition of peace?
- What is the significance of the shield of faith and the flaming arrows in Ephesians 6:16? How does faith act as a shield against the attacks of the enemy?
- Discuss this statement: “Everyone lives by faith. Every faith has an object. Faith is only as reliable as the object of that faith.” What happens when we place our faith in our circumstances rather than in God? How have you observed or experienced this in your own life?
- How can temptation cause us to abandon our trust in God? What temptations coming your way do you need to raise the shield of faith against? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed.