Jesus is the final Judge who knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment. Knowing about the judgment to come should make followers of Jesus eager to share the good news with everyone!
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was something from this message that particularly challenged, blessed, or encouraged you?
- What comes to mind when you think of Jesus as a Judge? Is that an aspect of His character that you tend to focus on?
- Why is Jesus qualified to be the Judge over all people?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5. What does this chapter tell us about Jesus’s role as Judge? How can anyone stand before this Judge and not be condemned?
- How do you respond to the reality of hell and the final judgment? Does it fill you with terror or hope? Why?
- How should seeing Jesus as the final Judge affect how we share the gospel with others?
- Spend some time praying that the Lord would give you an increased burden to share the hope of salvation with those who have not yet been rescued from the final judgment.