Jesus doesn’t always meet our expectations, but His plan is always better. He is, indeed, the King of kings.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing that stood out to you about this message?
- Read Mathew 21:1-11. Which parts of this narrative had you not noticed before? In which parts do you now feel like you have greater insight?
- Read the accounts of Palm Sunday from the other gospels: Mark 11:1-11, Luke 19:28-44 and John 12:12-19. Discuss any additional insights you gain from these passages.
- When you first came to faith in Jesus Christ, what were your expectations of what He was like and what He would do for you?
- What have you learned over your faith journey regarding the plans of Jesus for your life?
- If you feel comfortable, discuss any ways in which you struggle with expectations about what Jesus is should be doing in your life.
- Spend some time in prayer that you would worship Jesus for everything He is and follow Him as our true Lord and King.