If Jesus’ death on the cross is the work necessary to purchase all of mankind from the clutches of sin and death, then His resurrection is the consummate affirmation that His death was able to make that payment.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Discuss what stood out to you about either the message or Dave Waldrup’s testimony of salvation.
- In the early days after you were saved, how well were you ground in the Word, in prayer, in discipleship?
- In what sense do you believe Jesus “became sin” as it says in 2 Corinthians 5:21?
- People in Jesus’ day (including His disciples) were slow to understand that Jesus’ Kingdom was all about a spiritual transformation and not a governmental overthrow. What have been some of the misperceptions you have had about what Jesus is supposed to be doing for us?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:13-19 and discuss the essential nature of the resurrection. How have you grown in your understanding of the importance of the resurrection?
- How do you respond to Chuck Colson’s statement that 12 men in the Watergate scandal could not keep a secret for 3 weeks, yet each of the disciples would have needed to keep it for 40 years?
- Discuss the explanation of the Gospel using Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8 and 10:9-10. If you were going to explain the Gospel to someone, would you use this four-fold model? Do you have other verses you use to address the critical elements of salvation? Discuss them with the group.
- Who are the key people in your life right now who need to understand what Jesus did for them on the cross? What steps can you take this week to help them with greater understanding?