When we speak evil against others, it reveals that we place others below ourselves, that we place ourselves above the law, that we place ourselves above God, and that we elevate ourselves and our judgments.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What were your impressions of this message this week?
- Discuss your struggle to provide grace rather than a critical spirit when others fail to meet your expectations.
- What are situations that tend to get you frustrated and willing to say something about others that might be inappropriate?
- Who is someone in your life that is good at giving grace? What can you learn from them?
- What are some scriptures related to being encouraging to others? Discuss.
- Discuss the challenges you have faced with regard to being humble. It is such a hard thing to develop.