The only way we can save our lives and resist friendship with the world is to draw near to God, submit to Him, and organize our priorities around His priorities.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out to you most about this message?
- We all have areas in our lives in which we need to submit to others – government, workplace, etc. What is your internal response to the idea of submission? Why do you believe you respond that way?
- In what way are you accountable to someone else for your own benefit in maintaining a clean heart before the Lord?
- Discuss the idea of gratefulness. How well have you done in your own discipleship journey of cultivating a heart of gratefulness?
- When you think of being in the world but not of it, what are the points of tension in your own life? Are there ways in which you could navigate this line more effectively?