Christians should not arrogantly make plans independent of life’s frailty and God’s sovereignty. Rather, we are to go about the business of life with a humble dependence on God.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What were your impressions of this week’s message?
- Recognizing the need to realistically plan for the future along with the human tendency to presume upon what will happen next, how have you seen this play out in your own life?
- What have you learned in your journey, and the journeys of those around you, about the uncertainty of the future? Can you give an example?
- How have you seen God sovereignly work in the life of someone in Scripture or in your own life personally, in a way that was unexpected, clearly showing His prerogative to change course?
- What is upcoming in your life in school, the workplace, military, retirement, or anything else, that you must hold onto loosely in case God decides to change course?
- Can you think of a situation that turned out far different that you anticipated but have come to see God’s hand in it for His greater good?