Walt Heyer shares the story of how the redemptive and transformative power of Jesus Christ changed the direction of his life.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What are your impressions of the interview with Walt Heyer?
- How does the church provide support for the proper shaping of children? What practical steps could we take to improve our support of parents in the shaping of children?
- Discuss the idea that the church is a hospital for sinners rather than a country club for saints. In a culture of increasing challenges, how should the church respond if a transgender person walks through the door on a Sunday?
- Respond to the statement that God has never placed anyone in the body of the opposite gender. How should we respond biblically to the cultural notion that someone can be born in the wrong body?
- Read 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. Discuss the passage related to the focus of the interview with Walt.
- Read Romans 12:1-2 and apply the Scripture to topic at hand.
- Have you had any experiences interacting with someone who disagrees with the perspective shared at RBC on these topics? Share what happened.
- Pray for our church as we navigate life in this ever-changing world.