All Things New: Living As a Child of God, Part 4 (Gather)
The first century church was oriented toward the “we,” but the twenty-first century church is oriented toward the “me.” We all have a need to be connected to each other, and every single one of us is a critical player in the body of Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing you found especially challenging, beneficial, or encouraging from this message?
- What is something you’ve seen God do in your life specifically through the body of Christ? Are there things you can think of that God provides exclusively through gatherings of believers?
- Read and discuss Matthew 18:20, Galatians 6:2, Hebrews 3:12-13, 10:19-25. Why do you think God mandates that we gather? What does this tell us about us? What does it reveal about the importance of gathering?
- How have you observed each of the following hinder your view and/or practice of Christian gathering?
- Our cultural perception of community
- Our cultural lifestyle expectations (work environment, leisure, disconnected community, etc.)
- Wounds in the church
- In what ways do you struggle to engage with your church family? Are there ways you need to embrace the need to engage? What would that look like for you?
- How can you be proactive in pursuing connections within your family of faith? Why are connections to and with the body of Christ vital to following Him?