All Things New: Living As a Child of God, Part 5 (Grow)
The natural process laid out by God is that healthy living things grow. He designed our spiritual growth to occur through abiding in Jesus and beholding His glory in the Scripture, within a community of other believers.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing that particularly encouraged or challenged you from this message?
- Have you ever asked yourself, “Am I missing something in my Christian life?” Are you discouraged by comparing yourself to God’s holy standard or to other people in the church? How do the Scriptures provide hope?
- What are some implications or benefits of being “adopted” into God’s family?
- Why is the body of Christ, the church, such an important component of spiritual growth?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 4:11-16, Romans 8:26-30, and John 15:1-11. How do these passages speak to God’s design for our spiritual growth? What does it mean to “abide” in Christ? What are some characteristics of a spiritually mature believer?
- Do you see ways in which you are growing in Christ? Are you abiding in Him and beholding His glory within a community of believers? If not, what are some ways you can “turn your feet” toward His commands?
- Spend some time in prayer that God would help you grow in faith, grow in love, and grow to be more like His Son.