Jesus isn’t calling us to a yoke-free life without burdens or challenges, but in a relationship with Jesus, He is our rest. And all we do, including work, is worship that grows out of rest.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What stood out you most in the message?
- Read Matthew 5:17-18. Put in your own words what Jesus meant when He said that He came to fulfill the Law.
- How is it that the Sabbath was created for man and not the other way around? What had the religious establishment done to this reality in Jesus’ day?
- Read Hebrews 4:8-11 and discuss the various elements of rest referred to in this passage.
- In what ways in your own journey are you struggling to let Jesus be your rest?
- What is one change you can make this week that will put Jesus more in focus in producing a more effective rhythm with rest?