2 Peter: Growing in Grace and Knowledge, Part 2
False teaching is characterized by sensuality and greed, causes the truth to be slandered, and leads to judgment. There will always be false teachers among us, but there is a Truth and God decides what it is.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing in this message that you found particularly encouraging, beneficial, or challenging?
- Read and discuss 2 Peter 2. What stands out to you? What dangers does Paul present the church to be aware of? How should God’s people respond?
- Discuss the statement, “There is a truth, and God decides what it is.” How do you react to this? How does culture in general respond?
- How have you seen the reality of false teachers? What examples are you aware of? How can Christ-followers spot false teachers?
- How does this chapter show Paul’s love for the Lord, His church, and the Word of God? In what ways can we demonstrate our love for each of these?
- Read 1 Peter 5:8 and 2 Timothy 2:15. How well would you say you are doing at being alert and knowing the Word? How might you grow in these?