Sunday Rewind | 2.23.2014
MUSIC & SCRIPTURE
Relentless – Zion Acoustic Sessions by Hillsong United
In Your Presence (Deuteronomy 31:6) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Open Up Our Eyes (Ephesians 1:18-19a) – Nothing Is Wasted by Elevation Worship
Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) (Psalm 27:1) – Let The Future Begin by Chris Tomlin (Passion)
Christ Is Enough (2 Corinthians 12:9) – Glorious Ruins by Hillsong
Your Love Never Fails (Romans 8:28) – Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture
TEACHING: Philippians – A Journey Toward Humble Joy, Part 13
When we believe a lie, we will perpetuate that lie. We need the “therapy” of the Word of God to renew our minds to right thinking.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SERMON AUDIO
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If you had to give a one-sentence synopsis of this message, what would you say?
- Read and discuss Philippians 4:8-9. Why do you think Paul includes this section in his letter to the Philippians?
- Paul says to “think on these things.” What specifically is he calling us to think upon? Do you naturally tend to think on these things? Why or why not?
- What opposition do you find to putting your mind to the things Paul prescribes?
- Read Romans 12:1-2 and John 8:31-32. How does truth set free? What does it mean to have a renewed mind? How are they connected? What role does the Word of God have in renewing our minds?
- Pastor Mike gave three examples of “incomplete truths” the world presents in defining certain words – success, genius, and looks (or beauty). How does the world system tend to define these terms? Is there a contrast between how scripture defines those words?
- What other words does the world system define in ways that are incomplete or contradictory to the scriptures? What are the implications or consequences of buying into a faulty definition of these terms?
- How is the gospel of Christ “therapy” for our minds? Spend some time in prayer thanking God for the blessing and provision of the gospel.